How much do you remember about the people and events of Holy Week?
Here’s a little quiz to test your knowledge. The answers are at the bottom of this page.
1. Where did the Agony in the Garden take place?
2. Who betrayed Jesus?
3. Who denied Jesus three times?
4. Who ordered Jesus to be scourged?
5. What criminal was released instead of Jesus?
6. How many Stations of the Cross are there?
7. How many times does Jesus fall on the way to Calvary?
8. Who helped Jesus carry his cross?
9. Who wiped the face of Jesus?
10. What did the sign on the cross say?
11. Who made arrangements for the burial of Jesus?
12. Who was the first to discover that Jesus had risen?
1) Gethsemane or the Mount of Olives; 2.) Judas; 3.) Peter; 4.) Pontius Pilate; 5.) Barabbas; 6.) 14; 7.) three; 8.) Simon of Cyrene; 9.) Veronica; 10.) King of the Jews; 11.) Joseph of Arimathea; 12). Mary Magdalene.
Please be patient with us during the Month of January. We will be painting inside and outside of the Church, and on the outside of all the other parish buildings. The recent rains have shown that the roof of the hall and rectory have been degrading badly. Those roofs will be replaced. And we will finally be putting a new floor in the church. We hope that all the work is done before Ash Wednesday on February 13.
Please sent a Christmas card to Fr. Luke Suarez, associate pastor at St. Rose of Lima parish in Newtown, CT, with your offer of prayers for him and for the families he is assisting in the time.
Father Luke Suarez
46 Church Hill Road
Newtown, CT 06470
Below is a link to an article that describes the situation he faces with the many families who lost their children in the recent tragedy.
News and views from the Catholic Parish of St. Edward in Newark, CA